.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Housework Makes You Ugly!

                                   
All of my friends & family consider me a "neat freak."  "Annal Annie" (my middle name being Anne) is a term my hubby often used in the earlier years of our marriage.  My brother-in-law has accused me of following he & his family around with a dust buster on their visits. Although, I have mellowed over the 22+ years that we have been married, I still like things tidy & somewhat orderly.   I am really not that bad, I just have the theory "that everything has its place & should be in it."  Hey, I have 2 chihuahuas, 1 poodle mix & a 16 yr.old teenager living in our home, I have "budged"...some....

So, I couldn't resist this picture when browsing vintage clip art to use for craft night.  I love laundry room decor anyway, so I was thrilled with the way this little bottle turned out.
 
                                              I started with an old chemical brown bottle.  Printed images from various clip art sites & an old dictionary.  Tore them to give a ragged edge, & aged them with distress ink.  Modge podged the art on the bottle.  Then added cheese cloth & little bits & bobs with glue. Added an old starch sprinkler to "top it off.
                                                                    
 I had to use this comical expressions "Housework Makes You Ugly!"  I smile every time I look at this little bottle perched on my laundry room window seal. Hey, whoever said "A Woman With A Clean House Was Boring"  did not know me, The Cranky Queen!  Happy Housekeeping.






13 comments:

  1. LOL!!! You are definitely NOT boring!!!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany I love this!!! Wonderful and I soooo agree. Sorry, housework does make you ugly!...sadly I am not a neat nut..lol. Your Queen of Laundry card at the top is funny my maiden name is Kirk. I am going to grab that one and share it with my folks. Have a great Sunday!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and fab bottle! It would be cool to keep your own cleaning fluid in it and actually use it too! Lol!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! I love the garter...just remembered that I have some of those; I see a necklace being born.
    I'm looking at Mr. Cranky King on your sidebar as I type this. I wouldn't want to meet up with him in a dark alley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bottle turned out great! I so hate I had to miss another craft night.

    Oh, and I remember once you apologized for the mess in the house. I looked around, confused, and you pointed out the Cheetos bag on the counter. LOL And no, you definitely are not boring. One of the most fun people I know. We'll say you're the exception to the rule. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the picture of the puppy in the washer w/ the kitty peeking aroung the side...so cute! Reminds me of little Ruby hiding behind the washer. The bottle looks great! What are we doing next?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it Tiffany!!! I love all of the graphics you used :) I've been the same way throughout our marriage, my mom and dad are STILL clean freaks ~ but with us having five sons, I was fighting a losing battle! I've loosened up quite a bit, even though they are all older now ~ I's still rather be in the studio than cleaning!!!! hugs and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very fun! Thanks for sharing! Joan@anythinggoeshere

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a neat freak too although if you saw my studio you would beg to differ. But it makes life so much easier when everything is in its place. Then you don't have a better half running around going crazy looking for something. Thanks so much for visiting The Vintage Nest. Your blog is delightful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun post, and cool bottle!! (I think I finally got your blog added to my links--I can only get blog to work about every 5 tries!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tiffany!
    Hope this finds you well and ready for Spring!Your Bottles are Gorgeous! Careful! They can Be addicting!
    I am sorry I have fallen behind on getting Back to you. My Youngest Katelyn has been sick and Sporting a significant Fever. She is feeling a bit Better today. Relief!
    I don't know How you can call yourself the Cranky Queen when you leave the Sweetest Comments!Thank you so Much for your Visits and Support! I still can't believe That my piece will be Published!
    Happy Wednesday!
    Hugs
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! Those old bottles turned out terrific, Tiffany. I, too, have always been a neat freak. And I, too, have calmed down immensely. Does that mean we've "matured"? lol

    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Tiffany,
    love your bottle - it is wonderful.
    Have a great day.
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete